Rhythma Sengupta: Finding the Rhythm in Life

 "Music is life in itself."

 The above words by Louis Armstrong defined my relationship with music.

Hello everyone, my name is Rhythma Sengupta, a 22 year old aspiring singer from Mumbai.

 I was 3 years old when I first sang on stage in public. And ever since then, I have continued to perform and participate in various competitions.

 My mother who is my first music teacher and still continues to teach me music everyday, herself is a very good singer and holds a Senior diploma in Music. My father on the other hand is a HR- Manager and that's where I got my interest in Management.


As a child, I grew up in an environment of music as my grandparents were also into this professionally and that’s how singing came naturally to me. My grandfather Lt. Chittaranjan Dasgupta was my second guru who taught me music. Having been raised in a family where music comes naturally, I have learned to relate life with music.

My grandfather is my idol and my inspiration. He taught me not to restrict myself to just one genre and style in music and that is the reason I've learned and explored various music genres such as Classical, Semi-classical, Folk, Bollywood, Western, Acapella, and Currently, I'm learning classical music from my mother under Bangiya Sangeet Parishad.


I recorded my first ever playback song in 2017 for a Zee Marathi TV Serial - Tujhyat Jeev Rangala. In 2020, I along with 1045 musician friends set a Guinness World Record titled under the name of Amazon Prime's 'The Forgotten Army- Azadi ke liye', and to date, we hold the Guinness World Record for the World's Largest Indian Cinematic Band. Check out our YouTube video link at: https://youtu.be/5HqQ7LOkByU

Simultaneously I have participated in many interschool and intercollege competitions as well as in Mumbai University's Youth Festival.

I am grateful to have been always surrounded by people who have not just supported and encouraged me throughout my journey but also have constructively criticized me in a timely manner so that I can improve accordingly and do well in my journey of music.

 I now look forward to learning and exploring more music genres and instruments and to traveling the world for music.

 ---- Author Astha Singh


Comments

Post a Comment